[Kmymoney] Cross Platform File Use

Mark Bray markdbray at charter.net
Thu Nov 22 15:40:19 UTC 2012

I am currently going through a learning curve with Xubuntu, which is
where I discovered KMyMoney.  It's an excellent program, by the way.  I
am considering installing this on my Windows PC, but at a later time, I
may convert that PC to a Linux OS.
If installed in Windows, can I back up the KMyMoney file to my Xubuntu
laptop, and be able to access the file to make changes within Xubuntu?
If this is possible, then it will hopefully make for a smooth transition
if I decide to convert my PC.

I'm guessing an encryption key will play a part in this cross platform
transition, but I really want to be sure before wasting my time with a
windows installation.

Thanks for your help,

Mark Bray