[Kmymoney] Credit card account entries...

Zed zed at zed.net.nz
Tue May 22 06:29:29 UTC 2012

Thank you Jack, and Ian Millington for your helpful replies.  I think I now
have it clear in my mind :-)

I agree with your suggestion, Jack, that something in the FAQs could be
helpful, and put forward the following for consideration.

Credit Card accounts

(1) Entries for recording Purchases.
Use Credit Card account
Choose Charge and enter name of Vendor.
Click on Category and choose expense category to which the expenditure
belongs.

(2) Entries for recording Payments
Use Credit Card account
Choose Transfer
>From  - Click and choose Credit Card
Transfer from - Click and choose Cheque accountk on Category and choose
expense category to which the expenditure refers.

I realise that this sounds very simplistic but for one of my advanced years
it explains in clear terms how to go about recording entries for Credit
Cards.

What I do find difficult to get my head arounds is that in the options for
recording payments I have "Transfer from" to the Credit Card entry and
"Transfer from" for the Cheque account entry.

Zed
--
Zed
Bother!"" said Pooh, as Windows swapped out again