[Kmymoney] grouping old payees

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat May 19 06:00:20 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Friday 18 May 2012 22:01:26 hugo borrell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 2012/5/18 Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Friday 18 May 2012 10:37:22 hugo borrell wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm just discovering how to match new payees using correspondences.
> > > (ex: make the old AREA1234 payee the same as the new AREA 5678).
> > > How can I>
> > make
> >
> > > this upon the old ones ? I have a freaking list of old AREA xxxx...
> >
> > Simply delete the old ones. You will be asked to which other payee the
> > transactions of them should be assigned. See also
> >
> > http://kmymoney.org/kde4/online-manual/details.payees.html#idp38238736
> >
> > Hope that helps.
>
> Yes it does help ! I was afraid about what would happen deleting one of the
> payees.
>
> Many thanks !
>
> BTW I still don't get one point about payees : when I transfer money from
> one account to another (eg : "check" to "savings") I can mention an
> operation name (eg : "april savings from old stuff sold ").
>
> Now once imported in KMM, this operation name becomes a payee... Which can
> lead to lots of payees in the end !

Which method/protocol do you use to import the data?

> What would be the correct way to use this ? Alway mention the same
> operation name for the same kind of transfer to get one payee per operation
> type (eg : "from check to savings") ?
>
> This solution seems strange to me since KMM offers the oportunity not to
> declare a payee as destination when this is an internal transaction... But
> I still get a payee named as the operation name.

This really depends on the data you import. Can you provide some sample of it
in its original form (use my personal e-mail if necessary)?

The only 'intuitive' interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
 -- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X interfaces