[Kmymoney] KMyMoney 4.62 bug report

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Mar 18 13:45:42 UTC 2012

I've just run into a crash on 4.62, compiled from source, under Mageia 1
32bit.

I discovered that I had a charity category entered as 'Income' instead
of 'Expense', so I went and created the expense Category/Sub-category,
went to the incorrect entries and highlighted them all and selected to
move them to the proper category.

I then went to the Income -> Charity and deleted Charity, I had a prompt
asking me if I wanted to delete the sub-category, I said yes.  It was
removed.

But, when I tried to select any button, I'd get the crash.

Playing around a little, I discovered that if I instead deleted the
sub-category, KM prompted that I needed to move references and contents
and gave me the option to browse categories and select my newly created
expense category.

My guess is there needs to be a check at the top category to see if
there are references in sub-categories that are about to be deleted and
let the end user know that they need to take care of those before
deleting the top category.

In my case it'd be Income -> Charity -> United way, I just deleted
Charity answering yes to delete all and it caused the crash.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: