[Kmymoney] Transfers between expense accounts?

Mike ipso at snappymail.ca
Mon Mar 12 01:36:17 UTC 2012

I'm wondering if its possible to transfer between expense accounts?

One of the scenarios I'm trying to deal with is a mortgage, where I have
52 transactions a year for a specific amount, then at the end of the
year I get a statement from the mortgage company detailing the mortgage
interest and principle that was paid. So right now I have each mortgage
payment going from my "Savings Account" to a "Mortgage" expense account,
then at the end of the year I would like to enter a single transaction
to transfer from the "Mortgage" expense account just the interest
portion to a separate "Mortgage Interest" account.

KMM doesn't seem to allow this (at least it won't let me create new
transactions from an expense account), and I know I could split each of
the 52 transactions throughout the year and put part of each payment in
the "Mortgage" and "Mortgage Interest" accounts, but I don't know what
those amounts are until the end of the year, and it doesn't make sense
to split 52 separate entries when a single entry would do just fine and
would be much easier.

Any insight into how to best handle this scenario would be great? I have
a few other similar cases I would like to handle this way as well.

PS. I'm currently using KMyMoney 4.6.1.

Thanks.

--
Mike