[Kmymoney] downloading ofx transactions from Citibank Banking

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 28 20:19:54 UTC 2012

The identify information MAY be important: many banks refuse to connect
to any except specific software.  If you know Quicken works, then
identifying as that is best.  Also note that the pop-up error really
often doesn't provide sufficient information.  The way to get more
detail is to create an empty file "ofxlog.txt" in your home directory,
then try the connect.  You should be able to trace the connection in
that file - hopefully with a more informative/detailed error message.
However, even these are known to be sometimes inadequate or
misleading.  In addition - if you can find out how to make Quicken
create a log of an OFX session, you might compare the two to see what
else differs.