[Kmymoney] downloading ofx transactions from Citibank Banking

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jun 21 05:20:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 19:58:27 jack oisher wrote:

> I have been using Quicken 2010 successfully and have been able with direct
> connect to download all  .ofx transaction in all my banks and investment
> houses.
>
> I am trying to switch over to KMM in Fedora 17, and am able to map several
> of my banks and investment houses to access and update my accounts with no
> trouble.
>
> But, when it comes to Citibank banking, using the auto settings, whatever
> user name and PW I use results in a bank popup that "No suitable accounts
> were found at this bank.", and no downloads occur.
>
> I have tried without success every combination of user names and PWs I have
> ever used.  The combinations tried  include the pair actually used by
> Quicken, which works fine in Quicken, and the pair used for Citibank online
> banking, which works fine with online banking-I was surprised to find that
> the two pairs were different.  Neither pair work in KMM.
>
> The URL for Citinbank that I have been using is
> https://www.oasis/cfree.com/ftp/genesis/prod/02101.ofx

I took a look at http://www.ofxhome.com/index.php/institution/view/678 the
directory that is also used by newer KMyMoney versions. It says:

https://www.oasis.cfree.com/fip/genesis/prod/02101.ofx

which is slightly different from the one you use: FIP vs FTP. I cannot try it,
because I don't bank with them.

Hope that helps.

Not everything that counts can be counted,
and not everything that can be counted counts.