[Kmymoney] Kmymoney (Qt4) speedup tip

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Mon Jun 11 18:20:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:38:09AM +0100, Allan wrote:

> While there were certainly issues initially, for me at least, they
> have been resolved for some time now, and trying your suggestion
> makes no noticeable difference here.
>
> I wonder if this could be a distro issue?  What makes me wonder is
> your mention of 4.6.3.  Unless I missed something, 4.6.2 is the
> current release.  What distro do you use?  Of course it could also
> be a hardware issue, or a file size thing.

Hi,

I meant KMM 4.6.2 of course, my mistake.  The underlying KDE4 is Debian
Stable 4.4.5 and has QT 4.6.3 which is probably the version I typoed from.
So although I'm running plasma it's probably not as up to date as some.

In theory I should be able to say "-graphicssystem opengl" too but that
crashes immediately for me.

> Never-the-less, I'm pleased you're pleased.

I haven't checked if it makes a difference on my Debian Testing machine
which probably has more up-to-date compositing at least.  It's also
running stock Radeon drivers unlike the nVidia ones on the main machine.
However it seems like specifying -graphicsystem was an official speedup
for QT at one time.

Nick