[Kmymoney] Crash During Account Update

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jun 10 07:34:31 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Saturday 09 June 2012 21:12:35 Kenneth Jacker wrote:

> [ Ubuntu 10.04.4; KMyMoney 1.0.4 ]

Wow, I am impressed: people are still using it. I couldn't be that bad then :)

> Each month, I import transactions (Account/Update All Accounts ...")
> directly from my institutions via the Internet
>
> This month, that action caused KMM to exit abnormally.
>
> Here's a copy of a command line session run under 'gdb':

Cool. It shows that the crash happens inside libofx while processing the data
(contained in a file). To catch the communication going on (so that one can
see the data that is causing the trouble) you need to create a file before you
start KMyMoney. Do this with the following command:

  touch ~/ofxlog.txt

  Be warned: this file contains your banking credentials!!!

Now the importer traces what's going on data wise (hopefully already in 1.0.4.
I just have the SVN HEAD sources at hand). For some reason, the data received
causes libofx_proc_file() to throw an _out_of_range exception in a string copy
operation. According to the docs the libofx function starting the copy
operation does the following:

/**
   This function will strip all the OFX proprietary tags and SGML comments
from the SGML string passed to it
*/

string::copy is called twice in that function (sanitize_proprietary_tags) so I
don't know which one could cause the trouble.

BTW: which version of libofx are you using?

Hope that is a starter to solve the problem.

The Unix Guru's View of Sex:
# unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep