[Kmymoney] Entering "Cash Back"

Michael Taylor mfct at uwclub.net
Wed Jul 25 09:03:41 UTC 2012

I'm very new to KMyMoney v4.6.1 with Linux Ubuntu 12.04 on a Notebook -
the final step in migrating from an elderly Desktop running on Windows
XP. Loving Linux, and liking KMyMoneya lot so far, but a lot to learn.

I frequently get "Cash Back" from my local supermarkets, e.g. pay for my
groceries, say £28.37, plus (up to) £50 added to the bill and then paid
cash into my hand at the checkout.

Recording this in KMyMoney I make a split transaction:

Payee:         Paid to Supermarket
Category:    Groceries        £28.37
Category:    Cash Back       £50.00
Account:     Total Transaction charged to my cheque account £78.37

So far so good.    But this process has left the £50.00 cash in limbo
instead of adding it to my "Cash" or "Wallet" Account.

Can anyone advise me of the correct entries to make please?

MICHAEL T