[Kmymoney] Reconciliation problem with different dates in the ledger and the bank statement.

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 9 18:30:19 UTC 2012

On 2012.01.09 03:55, Thomas Pircher wrote:
> I want to use the opening and closing balances of the bank statement,
> for reconciliation, because this is a second check that I entered all
> transactions correctly.

I hardly ever pay attention to the opening balance.  That should be the
same as the closing balance of the previous statement, so I checked
that last month.  The reconciliation process does use the closing
balance from the statement - but as others have said, it may not match
your KMM balance if you have entered any transactions that have not yet
cleared at the bank.  As long as the difference is accounted for with
non-cleared transactions, all is ok, and the process is working as it
was designed.