[Kmymoney] Reconciliation problem with different dates in the ledger and the bank statement.

Thomas Pircher tehpeh at gmx.net
Mon Jan 9 08:55:37 UTC 2012

Mikael Kujanpää wrote:
> When I reconcile, I clear those transactions that can be found from the
> statement, and simply ignore if there is in the KMyMoney something that
> can't be found from the statement.

Ok, this is the same situation I have here. The problem with this is that
some transactions are booked (by me in KMM) before the statement is
issued, but cleared (by the bank on my statement) after that. When I now
reconcile the account, then the opening and closing balances of the bank
statement are not the same as in my ledger.

I want to use the opening and closing balances of the bank statement, for
reconciliation, because this is a second check that I entered all
transactions correctly.

If I, as people suggest, enter the date of the bank statement for each
transaction, then the opening and closing balances match the ones in KMM.

Hope this helps,
Thomas