[Kmymoney] Reconciliation problem with different dates in the ledger and the bank statement.

Thomas Pircher tehpeh at gmx.net
Sun Jan 8 20:25:15 UTC 2012

Koos Pol wrote:
> What I usually do is check the totals of the last
> bank statement and see if it agrees with KMM. That's good enough for me.

Hi Koos,

sometimes they don't agree for me, because I forgot to enter one transaction,
or I made a mistake entering the amount. Then I tick each entry in the ledger
off against a line in the statement---this is what the reconciliation is
intended for, no?

For me the reconciliation is a very very useful tool. The only fly in the
ointment is that my statements and the entries in the ledger don't tie up very
neatly at the beginning and the end. So I wonder how other people solve this.
Or if I'm the only one to use the reconciliation this way I'll have to
adapt...

Cheers.
Thomas