[Kmymoney] Payers and payees..

Zed zed at zed.net.nz
Thu Feb 23 01:09:14 UTC 2012

Further to my request earlier today, I've realised that I didn't explain
myself very well.

In the accounts I have

Cheque Account
Personal Account A
Personal Account B
Cash

The majority of payments come from the Cheque account but if there are
insufficient funds in that account, one of the other accounts is used.

Income is derived from various activities, the prevalent one being the sale
of eggs.  So under Income I have

Activities
  Calve sales
  Egg Sales
  Poultry sales

Sales are all cash and I want to record who purchases.  To this end I have
used the Payee facility and set up Payers for each customer, as I need to
know the amount each spends a year.

As I said in my previous request

Here is what I think would work, but it would be nice to have confirmation
that I am on the right track.

(1) In Income I have set up a category "Egg Sales"

(2) When eggs are sold to a person/retail establishment I create a "Payer"
(they are all cash sales) and enter the amount.

(3) When I bank the money I credit the bank account and debit "Egg Sales"-

However, I have tried this and it doesn't work :-(

Would someone more knowledgeable tell me what I am doing wrong, please, and
set me on the right path.

Zed

--
Zed
Dogs just don't seem to be able to tell the difference between important