[Kmymoney] Monthly vs. yearly in budgets

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 2 20:54:41 UTC 2012

On 2012.02.02 13:22, Jim MacLeod wrote:
> On Thursday 02 Feb 2012 20:00:52 Mikael =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kujanp=E4=E4?=
> wrote:
>> Hi! Could someone light what's the difference between using monthly
>> or yearly field when creating budget? The only difference I have
>> noticed is the amount that is entered, but in both cases it is used
>> as equal monthly amounts.
<snip>
> I think the crucial word here is 'report' - ie it is not dynamic so
> just displays sets of figures but does no calculations on them.
> Ideally what you are looking for is a budget spreadsheet; when you
> enter the spending for Jan it would deduct it from the Annual total
> and show the result as available for Feb etc.

When you create a budget, the only difference between monthly, yearly,
and individual is how the amounts are entered.  For monthly, you
specify an amount that is used every month.  When you specify yearly,
the amount you specify is divided by 12 for the monthly amount.  For
individual, you get to specify a different amount for each month.  Once
the budget is created, only them amounts are used, not how they were
initially specified.

If the manual is not sufficiently clear on this, I will be glad to take
any suggestions on how to improve the wording.