[Kmymoney] UK online fund updates (again)

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:50:58 UTC 2012

On 09/08/12 13:53, David Houlden wrote:
> On Thursday 22 March 2012 21:25:29 Thomas Pircher wrote:
>> Allan wrote:
>>>    Thanks Thomas, that's helped a lot.  Of the ones I've checked so far,
>>>
>>> all went OK apart from one (GB0005805022), which finds the date but not
>>> the price, which seems to have a comma rather than a dot.
>>
>> Hi Allan,
>>
>> try this one (I've updated just the Price):

>> Date: LastDate:"(\d+-\d+-\d+) \d+:\d+:\d+"
>> Date Format: %y-%m-%d
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Just a quick warning about Morningstar prices if anyone is using them. For the
> last couple of weeks I have noticed some fund prices changing from pence (GBX)
> to pounds (GBP) and back again apparently randomly. Gave me quite a shock when
> I saw the value of my portfolio drop when I did a price update. Here's an
> example of one which was displayed in pence a few days ago but is now in
> pounds.
> http://quote.morningstar.com/fund/chart.aspx?t=GB0032567926&region=GBR
>
> Dave.

I use Morningstar and over the last three months or so (I only update
once per month), I've been getting inconsistencies.  However, what I've
found is that the factor in the online update wizard has been incorrect
when I've noticed something wrong.

I've been pretty busy lately and can't guarantee that I might have made
a mistake, so I haven't flagged it, but that would only have happened if
I had cause to make a change in the first place, which I don't believe I
have.

I'll make doubly sure my file is correct now and try to keep a close eye
on things.

Allan