[Kmymoney] UK online fund updates (again)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Aug 9 13:02:28 UTC 2012

On Thursday 09 August 2012 13:53:02 David Houlden wrote:

> On Thursday 22 March 2012 21:25:29 Thomas Pircher wrote:
> > Allan wrote:
> > >   Thanks Thomas, that's helped a lot.  Of the ones I've checked so
> > >   far,
> > >
> > > all went OK apart from one (GB0005805022), which finds the date but
> > > not
> > > the price, which seems to have a comma rather than a dot.
> >
> > Hi Allan,
> >
> > try this one (I've updated just the Price):

> > Date: LastDate:"(\d+-\d+-\d+) \d+:\d+:\d+"
> > Date Format: %y-%m-%d
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Just a quick warning about Morningstar prices if anyone is using them. For
> the last couple of weeks I have noticed some fund prices changing from
> pence (GBX) to pounds (GBP) and back again apparently randomly. Gave me
> quite a shock when I saw the value of my portfolio drop when I did a price
> update. Here's an example of one which was displayed in pence a few days
> ago but is now in pounds.
> http://quote.morningstar.com/fund/chart.aspx?t=GB0032567926&region=GBR

Can't you add the price symbol to the regexp for the price? It is contained in
the data as follows:

,PriceCurSymbol:"£",Currency:"GBP",CurSymbol:"£",M

Now you can have two entries (one for pound and one for pennies) and if they
swap between them one will match while the other fails ;)  Just an idea

The words GUESS and KNOW when used in the context of
flying may produce entirely opposite results.