[Kmymoney] KBanking plugin transaction dates

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Aug 7 09:15:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tuesday 07 August 2012 00:09:03 Allan wrote:

> On 06/08/12 23:50, Rob Tongue wrote:
> > On 08/06/2012 08:02 AM, Allan wrote:

[...]

> Hi Rob
>
> > Easy peasy!
>
> It is if you're a developer with some time to spare!  Less so otherwise.
>
> I don't know if Thomas (earlier response) had something in mind, from
> his closing sentence, but it would be as well to register a feature
> request on
> https://bugs.kde.org, to ensure it doesn't slip through.

That's always a good idea. The resp. code area is contained in
TransactionMatcher::match() and reads:

  // We use the imported postdate and keep the previous one for unmatch
  if (tm.postDate() != ti.postDate()) {
    sm.setValue("kmm-orig-postdate", tm.postDate().toString(Qt::ISODate));
    tm.setPostDate(ti.postDate());
  }

An option which date to be used in favor must also remember the 'other' idea
of the date for a possible unmatch later on. Fortunately, the unmatch is just
another method of TransactionMatcher. I suggest to make this an option per
account so one could have different behavior for each account. Maybe, also a
global option as a default in case nothing else is provided. Needs to be
discussed.  But this probably belongs to the developer list and not here.

In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates?