[Kmymoney] KBanking plugin transaction dates

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 22:35:22 UTC 2012

On 05/08/12 20:58, Rob Tongue wrote:
> On 08/05/2012 08:55 AM, Jack wrote:
>> I have the same issue.  For credit cards, the bank uses the posted
>> date, not the actual transaction date.  I prefer the transaction date,
>> so I know when I actually purchased something or ate the meal.  For
>> checking account, I want the ledger to have when I wrote the check,
>> not when it cleared the bank.  I suppose it would be an enhancement
>> request (low priority) to actually keep both dates - original
>> transaction date and institution cleared/posted date.
>>
>> Jack
> Jack, I agree. Maybe put the date the bank gives in the comment section
> of the transaction and keep the manually entered date?

To some extent, this is actually a more general issue than just KBanking.

A similar situation arises with many transactions.  For instance, you
mey have a scheduled transaction that gets entered on one date, but the
QIF/CSV imported date is different.  A while ago, someone was actually
dealing with it, or thinking of, having another virtual account, acting
as an intermediary account, enabling both dates to be kept.

Allan