[Kmymoney] KMyMoney - no decimals accepted when splitting transactions

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Sun Sep 25 08:28:36 UTC 2011

On Saturday, September 24, 2011 02:36:39 PM Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Thursday 22 September 2011 17:40:45 Michael Berger wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> > thanks for your comments.
> >
> > On Thursday 22 September 2011 13:49:30 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > Just to make one thing very clear: KCalc ist not used in any part of
> > > the application. The only way it is used is as an external application
> > > that is simply started through a button in the KMyMoney toolbar. All
> > > other calculation mechanisms are built into KMyMoney.
> >
> > Good to know.
> > Well then, in KMM's General Settings > External Program the field
> > 'Calculator' is now empty (and KMM was restarted).
> > And Yes, I can start KCalc from the button in the tool bar as always.
> >
> > > Where does this happen? In the split transaction dialog? Do you use the
> > > calculator button of the widget in any way? Do you enter the values as
> > > they are? Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, how?
> >
> > I can reproduce this as often as I like and with any transaction I like.
> >
> > I think the two screen shots are self-explanatory:
> > The total amount of 10,90 is to be split in 10,00 and 0,90.
> >
> > Split1 is assigned 10,00 - OK
> > (if I had typed 10,xy the result would again have been 10 - I've tried
> > this over and over)
> >
> > Split2 shows the result after entering 0,90 for a second category and
> > confirming with OK
> >
> > Whether using the small calculator icon in the split transaction dialog
> > or typing the figures, the result is the same after OK is hit.
>
> What is you setting for the number of fractional digits? Start KMyMoney,
> select "Settings/KDE Language settings" and check the decimal places
> setting on both, the Numbers and Money, tab. Any of them 0 by chance?

Hi Thomas!
You were da.. right. In KDE's language settings the number of decimals was 0.
I had that idea myself right in the beginning but instantly rejected it
because the problem existed only in the split menu, not in KMM's ledger view
nor anywhere else.
I have to admit now that my logic was wrong (and I am not going to ask why).

Thanks!
Have a nice Altweibersommer-weekend,
Michael Berger