[Kmymoney] Can't create new file on network drive

Jeff Barlow jeff at wb6csv.net
Wed Nov 30 22:02:25 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 1:42 PM, Allan wrote:
> When you say "I then moved it to the file server..." is that actually
> what you did?  That sounds a bit like a tmp file name.

I moved it (drag & drop) with Dolphin.

> Now you've created a local file, you should be able within KMM to save
> to smb.  Can you try that?  That ought to have the actual name you choose.

I did a save-as to the server. Sure enough, it complained that it
already existed. However, now the path looks right. Huh?

As a first time user, having to use awkward an work-around just to get
the initial file created makes we wonder about trusting my financial
info to something apparently so poorly tested. Am I using a beta
version? (4.6.0)
--
Later,
Jeff