[Kmymoney] Can't create new file on network drive

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:21:51 UTC 2011

On 30/11/11 21:08, Allan wrote:
> On 30/11/11 20:50, Jack wrote:
>> On 2011.11.30 15:45, Jeff Barlow wrote:
>>> I just installed OpenSUSE 12.1 and KMyMoney 4.6.0. I go through all
>>> the new file setup steps and try to put the file in a directory on an
>>> smb server. It tells me "Either the currently selected file exists or
>>> the selected directory does not exist." Neither of those is in fact
>>> the case. I can see the new directory in Dolphin and it's empty.
>>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> First, are you sure you can write to that drive? Second, try creating
>> the file on a local drive, and then moving it to the network drive and
>> see if you can open it and save it after making a change or adding a
>> transaction.
>>
>> Jack
>
> I can confirm that this happens here on Git head, with Linux Mint, and
> with a known smb directory and a unique file name.
>
> It happens with new files - I can save an existing kmm file to that same
> folder.
>
> Allan

PS Instead of trying to create a new file, I used an existing one and
saved it with a unique name to a smb directory and was able to reload
that file.

Then, closing KMM and reopening again, I was asked for id and password,
which, I think, I declined and got a similar message. But I can't repeat
it now.

Allan