[Kmymoney] errant runaway program

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 05:40:49 UTC 2011

On Friday 11 November 2011 01:40:26 sharon kimble wrote:
> i am using kmymoney v4 with debian 6.0.3. it has suddenly stopped loading
> in  my kmy file, and stops at checking transactions and just consumes cpu
> cycles. i've tried replacing my kmy file from backup but it still fails at
> the same point. can anyone advise as to how to regain control of my kmy
> file please?

1. Run kmymoney -n
2. Go to 'Settings'->'Home page' and uncheck everything
3. Uncheck the 'Check schedules at startup' option in the 'Scheduled
transactions' settings
4. Close kmymoney
5. Open it again with your file and run a consistency check or try a newer
version (4.6.1 is the latest stable release)

--
Regards,

Cristian Oneț