[Kmymoney] KMyMoney is so slooooooooow

Werner Dittmann Werner.Dittmann at t-online.de
Wed May 4 20:47:26 CEST 2011

Hi all,

after updating to KDE 4.6.2 (release 3) and to KMyMoney 4.5.3 (automatic
update via openSuse update stuff) I can barley work with it anymore.

Updating of an entry often takes several secondd until I can process the
next entry. When I try to lookup all entries that belong to a specific receiver
that takes several minutes while kmymoney uses betweem 95 and 100% of one of
my CPUs (X86_64).

The system has 8GB main memory, thus plenty to get.

I haven't changed anything in the overall configuration (previous
versions were faster) - in particular I don't changed anything
with repect to MySQL. The file name of my KMyMoney file has still
the suffix "kmy". Any idea what could be the cause?

The KMyMoney file ist not large, just about 280KB - thus could be
loaded in memory :-) .

Best regards,
Werner