[Kmymoney] Re: Using postgresql with KMyMoney

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Tue Jul 26 04:15:33 CEST 2011

On Saturday, July 16, 2011 19:10:35 Sara wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Does anyone have any experience in getting Kmymoney to save as a postgresql
> database?
>
>  The option to save as postgresql is not shown in the Database Type listbox
> under the File -> Save as database... menu. I am using KMyMoney version
> 4.5.3 and have libqsqlpsql.so installed in /usr/lib/qt/plugins/sqldrivers.
> Postgresql is also installed in my system.
>
>  On another note, only the SQLite Version 3 works (MySQL and Open Database
> Connectivity does not).

Sara,

	I run my accounts on a PostgreSQL server without any trouble. If you are
on a 64 bit system, the driver may need to be in
/usr/lib64/qt/plugins/sqldrivers. The list of drivers on the menu is obtained
by asking Qt what drivers are available, so for some reason it is not finding
it.

	We also have people who use MySQL. I test the code against it sometimes,
but I do not use it for KMM regularly. However, I do not know if anyone has
tested ODBC at all.

	Sorry for the delay in the response. I was on vacation for a couple of
weeks.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas