[Kmymoney] Re: How is the workflow for matching transactions to accounts?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jul 17 07:55:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 29 May 2011 22:18:27 Marko Käning wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how the workflow for matching transactions to accounts is
> organized…
>
> I seem to have no clue - in my special case - to avoid a certain trouble I
> keep having with some transactions.
>
> It looks like transactions of exactly 100EUR are linked to a certain
> destination account. When I download online transactions I see that KMM4
> has already pre-populated the suggested destination account for the
> transaction in question.
>
> In my specific case the assignment is incorrect, because the transaction
> wasn't actually made to the matched account. Normally one can just edit
> the destination account, but in my case this account had been closed a
> long time ago, which is why I am unable to actually edit the newly
> imported transaction.
>
> The only way now to deal with this is to temporally re-activate the closed
> account, re-assign the transaction to the correct account and then
> re-close the actually closed account. :-(
>
> I wonder what I can do to avoid this hassle, because it happens every now
> and then…

Sorry for not answering, but this one was burried in a huge pile of mails.

I took a quick look at the source to figure out what the problem could be but
I did not see it. The code is in the classes MyMoneyStatementreader and
TransactionMatcher which can be found in the usual places.

Not everything that counts can be counted,
and not everything that can be counted counts.