[Kmymoney] Investment accounts

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 30 14:48:18 UTC 2011

On 2011.08.30 02:48, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> on Tuesday 30 August 2011 03:22:12 Konstantin Svist wrote:
>> I did this time and keep getting the same errors: "Connection to
>> host ofx.schwab.com is broken." and "No suitable accounts were found
>> at this bank." The original account update works okay.
>
> That is strange. Something must have changed in the meantime and I
> have no idea what it could be. Looking at
> http://www.ofxhome.com/ofxforum/viewtopic.php?id=47480 people report
> some odd things about Schwab, but I doubt that they are reasons for
> not being able to map an account.

If you can download transactions from a previously mapped account, but
cannot map a new account, I had exactly that problem last week.  If you
capture a log of both sessions, and compare the requests, they will
probably be mostly the same up to one asking for accounts and the other
asking for transactions.  Before that, some dates may differ, but in my
case, there was a subtle change in the <ORG> part of the <FI>.   In my
case, it was the loss of spaces surrounding a "&".  Using the working
<ORG> value in my request allowed me to map a new account.