[Kmymoney] Investment accounts

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 10:08:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:14:15 -0700
Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> wrote:

> No problem, I'm perfectly willing to work with the devs on fixing
> issues. It's just that I was completely ignored last time.
> Hopefully we'll get the ball rolling this time

I'm the one who didn't quite ignore you first posting, and unfortunately
I don't/can't use OFX, so am unable to help you there.

> >     I just tried 4.6.0 and have seen no improvement in handling
> >     investment accounts. E.g. there's still no way to enter
> > something as simple as dividend fees...

As it happens, I've been working on and off on the investment UI for a
little while now, trying to remove clutter and generally tidy it up.
One of the points I've had to consider, is this question of what
transaction types should have what fields.  Are you saying you have
fees applied to dividend payments, and that you need this capability?

If so, let me know straight away as I am on the verge of completing my
work.

> >     Signing up for -developers ML appears restricted & there has
> > been no reaction of any kind to bug filed on SourceForge tracker.

I would avoid using SourceForge.  Use the KDE bug tracker.  Had you
raised a bug there initially, it would not have got burried in a busy
mail list.

> >     The only remaining option seems to be to edit the code myself...
> >     which of course would only benefit me and nobody else.

That's not the case and not the way it's supposed to work.  If you
develop fixes or features, I think under the license, you should offer
them back to the project.  As has been said by others, the developers
cannot work full-time here, and there is always a welcome for
additional help.  This is a worker's co-operative!

> >     *sigh*

Yes, I know it can be frustrating, but the support here is in general,
excellent.

Allan