[Kmymoney] KMM misbehaves after trying to install qif

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 19 14:02:34 UTC 2011

Jack, reading in Quicken 10 help it does not say it can export a qif file in a
format that other money programs can read.  You can export reports that can be
read by spread sheet programs and even word processing programs but not
transactions.

The output of  file date.qif is :  ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators.  So I
tried opening with text ed again and it opened this time.  Just a long document
in one column.  Progress?

gary
Please post the first five to ten lines of the file here - you can change any
account numbers or actual amounts.  Then we can confirm whether or not it is
really a QIF file.

However, the CRLF means it was exported on a PC.  I'm pretty sure KMM will read
it correctly with either PC or Linux line endings (can someone confirm this?)
but just as a test you could try "dos2linux < date.qif > newdate.qif" to change
the line endings and see if that copy will import.