[Kmymoney] Transaction work flow

Henning Eggers henning at box25.de
Thu Aug 18 06:55:42 UTC 2011

Hi,
I am new to KMyMoney but could not find anything on this in the docs.

I started out by importing old bank account transactions that I downloaded
from my bank as a CSV file. The import went fine and now I have all the
transactions for July in the ledger for the account. They are all marked
yellow and have a /!\ notice because no category has been assigned to them.
When I try to edit the transaction to assign a category, I don't get the
option to save the transaction unless I change its date to today (or later).
So I cannot assign a category.

Reading the documentation I understand that I am expected to have entered
these transactions manually before and use the imported transactions to
reconcile my account. But I don't want to enter these transactions manually
when I can simply import them. What am I missing about this work flow or the
purpose of reconciling an account?

Can I turn off the limitation of having to enter a current or later date on a
transaction?

Any help appreciated!
Henning