[Kmymoney] Last little Feedback QIF MsMoney to KMM migration

Peter cave at tpg.com.au
Sun Aug 14 05:33:53 UTC 2011

Hello All

Just to say that using the technique mentioned earlier all my credit
card accounts imported 100% correctly.

All bank accounts imported 100% correctly without file modification.

All categories were 100% correct.

Reports work correctly after ticking the right boxes

I did not experience any hiccups or glitches - what more can a person
ask for!

Needless to say I am over the moon with the results - coming from well
behind the 8 ball to so far out in front in such a short time - just
fantastic.

As to a manual update or FAQ for earlier versions - yes I would
definitely make mention somewhere in a "How to import MsMoney QIF" for
earlier versions of KMM as there will undoubtedly be quite a number of
people using earlier Linux versions for which the respective repository
uses an earlier version of KMM.

Had there been such a thing I would not have had to come asking and
assuming I had done something wrong or it was one of those things that
just doesn't work anyway thereby denigrating a great program (KMM).

You see it took me a number of years (since Mint 8) to get to the
point of asking for help.

Even at this point in time the latest version of KMM is not included
in the repositories for Mint (and maybe other flavours of Linux) so
that current users will still face the problem.

As an aside - I have just downloaded the latest version of Claws from
the Ubuntu ppa for use on Mint 11 so I was wondering if there is
another ppa somewhere that has the latest version of KMM that I could
download and try.

I have seen the latest .tar file for KMM but do not know what to do
with it to install it.

Thanks

Peter