[Kmymoney] Re: QIF IMPORT: Fee Category Code

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Apr 22 12:16:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Friday 22 April 2011 11:50:12 timothy wrote:

> Hi
> I am running KMM 1.0.5 on KDE 3.5.10.
> I am writing a program to output QIF from input PDF from my investment
> web site. I know OFX is better, but for quick and dirty results I am
> using QIF format.

Even though OFX is supposed to be the better format of the two, it can have
the same problem.

> The investment Buys have Fees associated with them and I am using the
> "O" code to show fees as such. These are correctly picked up by KMM, but
> the Fee category defaults to "_Fees". I have tried the "L" code for my
> required category which is "Investment Fees:Brokerage", but that is
> ignored.

I checked the source and it looks like it used '_Fees' as the default. Once
there are transactions in the resp. investment account that reference other
fee accounts, it will use those.

> How do I get KMM to accept a Fee category from an imported QIF file?

Use the O code is the right way to go. In a first round, live with the default
and modify the transactions to use your own category. In follow up imports for
that investment account it should use those. YMMV.