[Kmymoney] Re: Cannot edit payee list

Ian Millington ian at ianmillington.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 10:47:01 CEST 2011

On 01/04/11 00:48, aga wrote:

> Hi Ian
>
> We mustn't lose sight of what Cristian said, that there is a bug that
> may be relevant, although I'm not seeing it, at least with your
> anonymised file.
>
> "22 Mar KMM Seg Faults after editing payee" Ubuntu
> "12 Mar 4.5.3 hangs for ~60 seconds upon right clicking payee from
> payees tab" Ubuntu
> "3 Mar 4.5.3 get an error when delete some payees" svn
>
> The 12 Mar post is the one Cristian is linking to  yours.
>
> I created a copy of your file and edited almost all payees to be a
> single new payee.  When I click that payee, nothing shows for
> ~16seconds.  Right click then takes a further 10 seconds, so it's
> possible there's a connection.  The other few payees react immediately.
>
> Allan

Allan
> Bingo! That's it, and I'm afraid that was staring me in the face all
> the time. The fact I couldn't do anything with it at all, with the
> laptop fan banging away, led me to believe the program had crashed.
> Add to that clicking on the close botton resulted in a not reponding
> message and I was convinced.
However, on you relinking this I decided to make a selection and sit
back and wait. There is a 45 second delay after selecting the payee and
choosing an action (be that double-clicking to view transactions or
using the delete button) but thereafter it works. Once a payee has been
selected to all appearances you can't do anything else. So if you want
to select multiple payees each one will take 45 seconds. So if you want
to delete 2 payees, you highlight the first, which you can see you
select the second (not visible) then hit the delete button (not visible)
but 90 seconds later you are asked if you want to delete both payees.
Working in the dialog box to select a replacement payee works as normal.
Then when you go back to working in the payee pane, it's 45 seconds per
click again. Very weird. I have for good measure started KMM in a
terminal to do all this, but the terminal conveys no more info than the
earlier log.

To some extent, it would appear that I have wasted a few people's time,
for which I apologise, but because you are not experiencing it with the
file I am using it's clear not everyone is suffering from it, so it's
not a universal problem. Could it be distro-specific?

--
Created in Mozilla Thunderbird and Kubuntu Linux - all free software
www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird