[Kmymoney] Re: [Kmymoney2-user] Kmymoney and Android

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 18:59:27 CEST 2010

On 10/07/10 10:03, Karl Grant wrote:
> Hi all, Just got myself and new android phone and was wondering if
> there is any app that anyone uses to keep track of day to day cash
> expenses with a view to importing them into KMM. I would just need to
> record, date, category and amount.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Karl

Just wondering if you found anything suitable?

The reason I ask is that I've started playing about with such an app.
and I would like to know whether you've had further thoughts about what
you need?

At the moment, I input date, payee, item description and value, as these
can be captured for QIF.  I don't think account details should be
entered, for security reasons.  Presently, each item entered is written
to the sqlite db.  They can be edited and saved, or deleted. Output is
to the sdcard, which can be accessed via usb for import into KMM.  This
is where I'm up to at the moment, having just for the first time written
to the sdcard an then transferred it to the PC.

The intention is to output either in CSV format suitable for the KMM csv
import plugin, or in QIF format.

I haven't yet decided whether to keep the sqlite data, or to continue to
add to it, which then would require selection of what to import.
However, with the csv plugin, all could be input and the plugin could be
used to prune the item list.  I wouldn't envisage huge data volumes.

What device and Android API version are you on?

Allan