[Kmymoney] loan wizard doesn't understand me - or vice versa :-)

graeme at baileynet.com.au graeme at baileynet.com.au
Sun Dec 19 12:08:45 CET 2010

I want to set up an asset - a house, but the wizard is producing
the interest payments in reverse order than is correct ie
larger interest payments at the beginning of the loan
and smaller interest payments as the scheduled transactions are accepted

I am definitely not an accountant

I love kmm and after ten years
of frustration with quicken's upgrade antics I really want to get
familiar with kmm -

all the features seem to work fine, I have entered a
credit card without problem and done my bank accounts to the cent
for the last couple of years

but the loan (mortgage) wizard seems bizarre
it is calling the account a 'checking' account where I should be
dealing with a set of paired asset and liability accounts?

I have deleted all the transactions but can't delete the zero balance
asset account or the zero balance liability loan account -

I want to start again with this loan but obviously am missing something
any help or hints greatly appreciated

Best regards
Graeme