[Kmymoney] Fwd: What is wrong with this QIF?

Bjarne Wichmann Bagge Petersen bsddk.nospam at mekanix.dk
Sun Aug 22 09:29:11 CEST 2010

Hi Allan

2010/8/21 aga <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk>:

> So far as the problem payees are concerned, I, too, have been having that
> problem for a few months and have raised a bug about it. (Bug 235967)  Whilst
> that is similar to yours, it may not be identical as it involved schedules.
> If you look in Payees view for the payee names that have been used in error,
> and check the matching setting, I found that just having it set to 'match on
> name' helped with my problem.

Unsetting it helped me, thx!

> I was a bit puzzled by your screen-shot, in that it showed the dates with
> mixed separators.  Is that what you expect?  Here, I don't see that.

Mixed separators look right here and what I would expect.

> So far as csv files are concerned, I've produced a plugin for KMM, so that they
> may be imported directly.  It handles both checking accounts and investment
> accounts.  I've been using it successfully myself for a while now, and am
> doing some last-minute polishing-up before submitting it for acceptance.  What
> would help me, and perhaps you, is if you could send me suitably anonimized
> samples of the file layouts you have.  So far, I have only a few different
> sample layouts to test with.

That sounds great - I'll send you a sample. I've tried a million (more
or less) converters to get a QIF from the CSV, and xl2qif has until
now been the only one able to handle the CSV-file from my bank. Would
be great not having to boot into windows to convert a single file. :-)

- Bjarne