[Kmymoney] Fwd: What is wrong with this QIF?

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Aug 21 18:30:23 CEST 2010

On Saturday 21 Aug 2010 11:16:47 Bjarne Wichmann Bagge Petersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using xl2qif to convert csv to QIF from my bank and then import it
> into KMyMoney. Worked great 2 month ago. Now I'm trying to import the
> last 2 months bank-statement and KMyMoney chokes. KMyMoney changes the
> name of the Payee of most of the entry to some Payee used previously.
>
> I've tried importing some of my older QIF-files into a newly created
> dummy-account - they worked great, no problems. That suggest there is
> something wrong with the current QIF.
>
> I've attached part of the QIF and a screenshot of what happens.
>
> So is the QIF pooped or is there something wrong with KMyMoneys
> QIF-import filter?
>
> I'm using KMyMoney 4.5 from ppa:claydoh/kmymoney2-kde4 on kubuntu
> 10.04 running KDE 4.4.5
>
> - Bjarne
>

> !DSPAM:4c6ff00113511804284693!

Hi Bjarne

Firstly, that QIF extract loaded correctly here, also on KMyMoney 4.5.  So,
there's nothing wrong with that aspect.

So far as the problem payees are concerned, I, too, have been having that
problem for a few months and have raised a bug about it. (Bug 235967)  Whilst
that is similar to yours, it may not be identical as it involved schedules.
If you look in Payees view for the payee names that have been used in error,
and check the matching setting, I found that just having it set to 'match on
name' helped with my problem.

I was a bit puzzled by your screen-shot, in that it showed the dates with
mixed separators.  Is that what you expect?  Here, I don't see that.

So far as csv files are concerned, I've produced a plugin for KMM, so that they
may be imported directly.  It handles both checking accounts and investment
accounts.  I've been using it successfully myself for a while now, and am
doing some last-minute polishing-up before submitting it for acceptance.  What
would help me, and perhaps you, is if you could send me suitably anonimized
samples of the file layouts you have.  So far, I have only a few different
sample layouts to test with.

Thanks

Allan