[Kmymoney] kmymoney on KDE SC 4.5? Or: how to build the kmm_kbanking4 plugin?

Jörg von Frantzius jfrantzius at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 19 22:16:37 CEST 2010

  Hi,

I just compiled KMyMoney on KDE SC 4.5, but let it run against a
prebuilt kmm_kbanking4 plugin 4.5-42.pm.42.1 from the suse packman
repository. When I try to use HBCI (after assigning an online account),
KMyMoney crashes with the following message:

    kmymoney: buffer.c:988: GWEN_Buffer_AppendString: Assertion `buffer'
    failed.
    KCrash: Application 'kmymoney' crashing...

Now my questions are: does KMyMoney generally work with KDE SC 4.5?
If yes, where can I get the sourcecodes or how do I build the
kmm_kbanking4 plugin from KMyMoney sourcecodes? At least it didn't get
built or installed by following the instructions from README.cmake.

Thanks for any help. I'd be very happy to find a good alternative to the
dreaded rip-off WiSO MeinGeld application on Linux :-)

Regards,
Jörg