online balance divider in ledger is red, but matches account balance

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jan 10 10:24:55 GMT 2024

On Dienstag, 9. Januar 2024 23:24:38 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> I don't know if this is actually a recent change or if I just noticed
> it, but recently, in several of my credit card accounts, the "Online
> Balance" divider in the ledger is shown in read, even though the
> balance is identical to the balance of the account and of the balance
> of ledger item immediately above the divider.  Reconciliation dividers
> which match the balance of the ledger item immediately above them are
> correctly green.  The Online Balance divider is correctly green for a
> checking account.
>
> Any thoughts on why I may be seeing this behavior?

A few more details needed: do you maintain one or more securities in this
investment account? Which column contains the correct value in the ledger?

I don't have online capable investment accounts myself, so I can't really
test/try.

Can you extract the <ACCOUNT> structures (incl. SUBACCOUNT and KVP) of the
investment and security account and send them to me via private mail so that
I can see where KMyMoney stores the relevant data?

If you need to anonymize anything, please do so manually.

The only person who never makes a mistake is someone who does nothing. -- Albert Einstein