another weird bug

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 19 20:35:14 BST 2023

On 2023.10.19 14:02, Jeremy Whiting via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If this is already fixed in master I apologize. I haven't rebuilt
> kmymoney
> in a few weeks. But I hit something and thought it was worth
> mentioning at
> least here to check. I'll file a bug if it's not known after I
> rebuild and
> make sure it's still happening.
>
> When I enter a new transaction and enter a payee with the wrong case
> (In my
> case typing "myriam" instead of "Myriam" a popup comes up asking if I
> want
> to add Myriam to the list of payees even though that casing is
> already an
> existing payee. It seems the case is getting fixed after it has
> checked for
> an existing payee, but before it shows the popup asking if I want to
> add.
>
> BR,
> Jeremy

I can confirm - still present in git head master (unless someone snuck
in a fix in the past day.)

Rather than saying the case gets fixed, I'd say it is matching to an
existing payee using case insensitive matching, but then not
recognizing it is using the existing payee.  Still a bug.  However, if
it offers one or more transactions to use as a template for the new
transaction, and you pick one of them, it uses the existing payee.
(That seems OK.)  On the other hand, if you say "Yes" to creating the
new Payee, it creates one with the same capitalization as the existing
one, with "[1]" appended, instead of adding a new payee with the
different capitalization as just entered.

I think Payees should be unique (case insensitive,) although I suppose
that could be debated.  In any case, filing a bug makes sense, as the
behavior does need to change.