doc question on importer plugins

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Nov 1 07:07:59 GMT 2023

On Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2023 23:45:39 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> As I'm updating the handbook, there are a number of places where it
> says the plugins may be available for Linux Distributions as separate
> packages, rather than being compiled into the core KMyMoney.  Does
> anyone know if this is still true, or are all distros now compiling all
> plugins included with the core source code directly into their
> versions?  I think it would simplify the handbook not to have to
> mention the possibility of needing additional packages, especially if
> they are no longer used.

I think the initial idea was that people outside the project will
provide plugins which will then be delivered as separate packages
by the distros. This, unfortunately, never happened and all current
plugins are part of the main source code tree. From what I know,
distros usually build the whole tree, so the details in the handbook
can be removed. (my 2 cents)

I don't think any of us need any help in this regard, getting
rid of money is probably the single most userfriendly interface
since breast-feeding... unfortunately. -- A.J. Venter