Investment transaction that can't be deleted

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 21 18:31:30 BST 2023

On 2023.05.21 00:54, Brendan Coupe via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On 5/20/23 18:32, Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>> On 2023.05.20 20:19, Brendan Coupe via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>>> I'm running KMM on Fedora 38 on a very recently compiled version of
>>> the 5.1 branch. This problem is not recent but now it's causing a
>>> problem I can't fix.
>>>
>>> I have monthly "Sweep" interest deposits in my investment accounts.
>>> I use direct connect to import the OXF data into the investment
>>> account where the Sweep deposits show up as a Dividend Activity. I
>>> want to change it to Interest Income but after doing so, there is
>>> no option to save my changes. This has been going on for a while so
>>> I have just lived with it.
>>>
>>> The problem I am having now is that a Sweep deposit on February 27
>>> was imported twice. I can not delete either transaction, the delete
>>> option is grayed out. There is no indication of why I can't delete
>>> it. This is true of all of the sweep transactions. I can delete all
>>> of the other transactions that I tested.
>>>
>>> I can try to match the two transactions. When I do I get and error
>>> message "Cannot remove the transaction that references a closed
>>> account ... mymoneyfile.cpp:717". While messing around I also
>>> generated the matching error "Invalid transaction key..."I did not
>>> save those changes and  am back tot he first error.
>> This is the issue.  Somehow, the transaction is referring to a
>> closed equity account.  This can happen with imported transactions,
>> even though you could not manually create such a transaction.  You
>> need to "show all accounts" and then re-open the referenced one.
>
> Show all accounts revealed the hidden deleted Sweep in Investments /
> Equities tab. I re-opened it and my problems were solved. I'm not
> clear on the difference between the Equities tab and the Securities
> tab in the Investments area. Since I have 3 Sweeps entries in the
> Securities area, I did not expect to find any in the Equities area.
In the Investments View, the Securities tab lists all
stock/bonds/mutual funds/... (Ennnnnn) that KMM knows about.  The
Equities tab shows all of those securities which are present in the
selected Investment account.  These are internally subaccounts of the
Investment account.  Yes, the terminology is confusing.

[snip....]