Investment transaction that can't be deleted

Brendan Coupe 3 at coupe7.com
Sun May 21 01:19:05 BST 2023

I'm running KMM on Fedora 38 on a very recently compiled version of the
5.1 branch. This problem is not recent but now it's causing a problem I
can't fix.

I have monthly "Sweep" interest deposits in my investment accounts. I
use direct connect to import the OXF data into the investment account
where the Sweep deposits show up as a Dividend Activity. I want to
change it to Interest Income but after doing so, there is no option to
save my changes. This has been going on for a while so I have just lived
with it.

The problem I am having now is that a Sweep deposit on February 27 was
imported twice. I can not delete either transaction, the delete option
is grayed out. There is no indication of why I can't delete it. This is
true of all of the sweep transactions. I can delete all of the other
transactions that I tested.

I can try to match the two transactions. When I do I get and error
message "Cannot remove the transaction that references a closed account
... mymoneyfile.cpp:717". While messing around I also generated the
matching error "Invalid transaction key..."I did not save those changes
and  am back tot he first error.

When I go to the Investments / Securities tab there are 3 Sweep
securities shown. I am able to delete one of them, the other two have
the delete button grayed out. Id did not save this change. I can enter
edit mode where they are both listed as Bonds with different symbols and
Identification Numbers, but the rest is the same.

I just re-sorted the investment account ledger by date, and one of the 2
Sweeps from Feb 27 is at the bottom of the ledger, below many
transactions that are newer. I also see another transaction from
December in the middle of the May transactions.

The consistency check does not find any problems.

--
**
*Brendan Coupe*