problem using new payee in new transaction

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jun 19 08:39:41 BST 2023

On Sonntag, 18. Juni 2023 23:58:29 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On 2023.06.17 19:13, Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> > And, as I just posted to IRC, this is a Wayland issue.  All versions
> > (I was trying to git bisect) work fine under xorg.  In addition,
> > under Wayland, all Appimages I have tried fail to launch with a
> > symbol not found error (mesa related) but I will need to restart in
> > Wayland to capture the exact error message.
>
> /tmp/.mount_kmymoneCpnh6/AppRun.wrapped: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib64/libEGL_mesa.so.0: undefined symbol: wl_proxy_marshal_flags
>
> The copy of libwayland-client.so in /usr/lib64 (0.22.0) does have this
> symbol, but the version included in the appimage does not - apparently
> it is older than version 20.
>
> My current guess is that something in either a craft blueprint or cache
> needs to get wayland updated to at least version 20, but craft remains
> impenetrable for me.

This looks like a bug in the excludelist of linuxdeploy (the tool to build the
AppImages). linuxdeploy explicitly excludes libEGL.so.1 from the AppImages.
[1] Implicitly it excludes libEGL_mesa.so.0 (and other drivers) because
KMyMoney doesn't depend on libEGL_mesa.so.0 directly or indirectly.

I'd say linuxdeploy needs to add libwayland-client.so to its excludelist. As
workaround, adding libwayland-client.so to KMyMoney's blacklist.txt for Craft
may fix the problem.

[1] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/probonopd/AppImages/master/excludelist

Regards,
Ingo