problem using new payee in new transaction

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 18 22:58:29 BST 2023

On 2023.06.17 19:13, Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On 2023.06.17 16:41, Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>> When I enter a new transaction in the ledger with the transaction
>> form, as soon as I start typing a new Payee name, I get two popups
>> asking if I want to create a new payee, both with the name as typed
>> after entering the first character that makes the entry new.  I'll
>> try to bisect later to see which commit created this, but it's
>> likely within the past few days.  I'm reporting before more
>> troubleshooting just in case anybody  can think of the cause,
>> although I don't recall any commits that sound at all suspect.
>>
> To describe better (and it happens with both payee and category) as
> you start typing a Payee name, a dropdown list appears with all
> payees of which what you've typed so far is a substring.  Once that
> list is empty, what you have typed cannot be an existing payee.
> Normally, KMM waits until you hit enter or tab out of that field to
> ask if you want to create a new payee.  Here, as soon as the list of
> possible payees is empty, I get TWO popups asking if I want to create
> the new payee.
This still happens with git master as of this morning (kmymoney
5.1.80-e27dbea04)  - works OK on xorg, but not on Wayland.

> And, as I just posted to IRC, this is a Wayland issue.  All versions
> (I was trying to git bisect) work fine under xorg.  In addition,
> under Wayland, all Appimages I have tried fail to launch with a
> symbol not found error (mesa related) but I will need to restart in
> Wayland to capture the exact error message.

/tmp/.mount_kmymoneCpnh6/AppRun.wrapped: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib64/libEGL_mesa.so.0: undefined symbol: wl_proxy_marshal_flags

The copy of libwayland-client.so in /usr/lib64 (0.22.0) does have this
symbol, but the version included in the appimage does not - apparently
it is older than version 20.

My current guess is that something in either a craft blueprint or cache
needs to get wayland updated to at least version 20, but craft remains
impenetrable for me.