New payees bug

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Sat Jul 22 00:31:26 BST 2023

Hello,

I think there's a recent-ish bug in master. I'm not sure when I started
hitting it since I don't often add new payees. But lately when adding a new
transaction if you enter a new name for the payee it pops up the dialog "Do
you want to add <foo> as a new payee?" which is how it always has been.
However lately, clicking yes seems to add the payee to the payees, but also
clears out the entered transaction data. It used to just add the payee and
let you continue to edit the rest of the transaction details.

Clicking No clears everything just like it used to.

With a quick dive into the code I *think* it might be a bug around
PayeeCreator::createPayee. I think when it calls KMyMoneyUtils::newPayee
that works so it drops into the else block, but then somehow doesn't get an
index from m_comboBox->findData (maybe because the combobox didn't get
notified of the new payee?) so it clears everything out.

I'll dive in and see if that's the cause and see if I can find out how to
get it added to the combobox maybe, but wanted to point it out in case it's
already known and maybe in progress somewhere.

thanks,
Jeremy