reconciled transaction without a reconciled date?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Feb 14 12:28:09 GMT 2023

On Montag, 13. Februar 2023 19:49:22 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> On 2023.02.13 02:03, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> > On Sonntag, 12. Februar 2023 20:51:51 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel
> > wrote:
> > wrote:
> [snip ....]
> >
> > > Changing the status of that transaction to "C" and then doing a
> > > reconciliation as of a few days after that did set reconciledate to
> > > that date, although the amount shown on that reconciliation header
> > is
> > > the current balance, not the one in 2018.  That's probably because
> > all
> > > following transactions are already reconciled, so I don't think it
> > will
> > > affect any normal use.
> >
> > Hm, I have to check that. The amount shown should reflect the ending
> > balance that the reconciliation process shows. Maybe it does not cover
> > the corner case that "future" transactions are already reconciled.
> > Will
> > check.
> I also just noticed that the "Last reconciliation:" shown at the bottom
> of the ledger is not "8/9/2018" so it shows the most recently performed
> reconciliation, not the most recent one.  I'm not sure it really
> matters, given how rarely this is likely to happen, but thought I'd
> point it out.

Ah yes, that is because only the ending balance date of the last performed
reconciliation is kept on file. Maybe, I should not update that in case it
is earlier than the one memorized.

> > > However, sorting with Reconciliation Date first still shows no
> > headers in the ledger at all.
> >
> > Yep, due to the missing push (which I just did).
> Most of them have come back, but not consistently.  As I look at
> different accounts and do other activities, the display or not of
> reconciliation headers seems related to some magic I have yet to
> decipher.  Just nmow I deleted a $0 amount transaction, and the most
> recent reconciliation header disappeared in front of my eyes.  It's
> clearly not repeatable since I can't get that header to display again
> in this account.

I noticed this 'strange' behavior myself lately when doing something
else and am already on the hunt to fix it.

Hexdump should be compulsory at kindergarten! -- Jos van den Oever
Found on http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3569