inconsistent diaply of stock name

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Sun Sep 11 22:05:42 BST 2022

Somehow I ended up with a stock with one name in the Equities tab of
the Investment View, but a different name (same symbol and other
details) in the Securities tab.  In the ledger, all transactions for
that stock were displayed with the name shown in the Equities tab, but
when edited, the name switched to the one from the Securities tab.

In addition, while trying to clean this up, at one point, I had the
entry in the Equities tab showing Stock, but the entry in the
Securities tab showing Mutual Fund.

First, I'm not sure any of those details of a Security Account should
be allowed to be different from the Equity from which it ws derived,
and which is still it's parent.

Second, display details in a ledger should always (my opinion, open for
discussion) be taken from the security accunt and not the parent
equity, especially if they can differ.

Thoughts?