Chase moves to Open Banking API

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 8 22:52:42 BST 2022

On 2022.10.08 17:15, Dawid Wrobel wrote:
> Re:
>
> > I created an account with https://developer.chase.com and am about
> > send a message, asking if they could look into our case. The FinTS
> > precedent could help.
> >

> FYI, I sent out the following message:
>

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> Hello,
>
> I am one of the core developers of the open source KMyMoney personal
> accounting software, and personally a happy CHASE Bank customer. Over
> the
> past years I used the software in speech to automatically download the
> history of transactions using OFX Direct Connect, which worked
> perfectly.
> As you're obviously aware, you have decided to shut it down, in favor
> of
> the Open Banking API. The reasoning behind it is totally
> understandable. We
> are wondering, however, what would be the process of authorizing a
> non-profit, open-source software like KMyMoney to use your APIs. We
> don't
> want to go through the somewhat common route of leveraging the 3rd
> party
> integrators in likes of Yodlee or Salt-edge, as this would severely
> affect
> our users' privacy. The only way out is to establish a direct
> relationship
> with JPMorgan CHASE.
>
> It's worth mentioning that KDE e.V., the registered non-profit
> organization
> behind the KMyMoney, was previously authorized on our behalf by the
> German/Swiss/Austrian FinTS, which operate on the basis compatible
> with
> European Union's PSD2 directive, which, in turn imposes similar
> restrictions to your own. We would be happy to provide any details on
> how
> this was processed with FinTS. Hopefully that precedent will help to
> see
> our case in a favorable light.
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Dawid Wrobel

I'm curious to whom you sent the message, and what type of response you
receive.  I've had plenty of phone calls and emails with Bank of
America and Merrill Lynch over the past weeks, and I have not yet
spoken to anyone who has the slightest clue what I'm talking about,
much less has the authority to even begin discussing such a request.