Revisiting problems with price updates

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 28 16:04:10 GMT 2022

On 2/28/22 01:46, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 23. Februar 2022 00:15:26 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>> As this is getting rather long winded, I'm going to trim down to mainly
>> stuff I'm directly replying to.
>>
>> On 2022.02.22 02:34, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>>> On Dienstag, 22. Februar 2022 01:47:21 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel
>>> wrote:
>> [snip....]
>>> See below. What are the dates of these entries?
>> 1/6/21 Currency and 2/4/22 Yahoo Finance.  Probable the most recent
>> price of each of the two pricepairs.
> I added code to remove those 'invalid' price pairs. Please have a look at the
> console next time you save the file. It will not save those entries anymore
> and afterwards they should be gone. If they re-appear, we need to figure out
> why and what causes it. Again, having a look at the console for those
> debug messages about price pairs is important.
I confirm this works as you describe.  The problem with console messages
is that unless you are explicitly looking for them, things like this do
not stand out much from the usual, info messages. Another future thought
- to distinguish info from warning from error in console output,
although I'm not sure there is any good, reliable way.